Monday, July 10, 2006

new toy...


This is slightly unrelated to illustration (unless you count the fact that i used the prize money from the recent award to buy all of this stuff!) but i finally went out and bought a surfboard and wetsuit and everything else i need. I've been wanting to do this since i got hooked on surfing whilst out in Australia and it's taken me three years to get round to doing it. I christened the board at Tynemouth yesterday. I managed to stand up more times than i didn't so i was happy.

Only incident was when i accidentally managed to make the board shoot out from under me and launch vertically into the air like a rocket. Which to begin with looked really cool until re-entry when the board came down at me nose first. The words skewered and accident emergency spring to mind. Luckily i moved out the way in time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo Bling said...

Jobey, that money should have been re-invested into the company by way of a good set of Berol drawing pens and some Karismacolour crayons! CRAZY FOOL!!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Mark Jobe said...

Karismacolour crayons, is that a plugin for photoshop? : D

3:18 PM  
Blogger Mark Jobe said...

I haven't had a wage from setting the studio up in six months so i figured it was time to treat myself. The remainding startup funding from the Prince's Trust has covered my crayon supplies for the foreseeable future.

P.S. It's also enabled me to buy Shake which amazingly has been reduced from two grand to under £300!!! It's node based (similar to Animo) so i'm hoping to get to grips to it quite quickly. Will come in very handy for the film.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Jo Bling said...

Now what you did there was start mentioning technical jiggery pokery and that's wasted on a crayonboy like me ;-) You deserve to treat yourself, i was just joshing. Each to their own, Jobey- personally i can think of better ways of spending my time than climbing into a urine filled wetsuit! :-D

Jobby

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home