Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Quay Studios has left the building...

I'm very excited to announce that Quay has relocated to within Mushroom Works in Newcastle's Ouseburn Valley. Now that i have a few months of business know how ninja training behind me and work is starting to come in it seemed inevitable that i would need my own space out of the open plan office i've been in. I've been on the waiting list for a few months not expecting to move out until around christmas but an opportunity came up two weeks ago and i took it. I moved in on Monday, painted the walls and floor (it's now whiter than white and i need some Willy Wonka style shades for the glare) and moved the equipment in yesterday. I'm sharing the office with Bethan Laker, a fellow illustrator and as far as office buddies go i couldn't ask for a better one.

My commute has been cut from just under an hour (in bad traffic) to about ten minutes! And i'm a lot closer now to the other guys in the team and several clients it looks like i'll be working for in the next couple of months.

If you are ever in Newcastle feel free to stop by. If you have a look on the mushroom works website www.mushroomworks.com you'll discover that there is a lot of interesting arty stuff going on here. I may have to figure out a way to merge my wacom tablet with a paint brush to truly fit in.



1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Glazebrook said...

Oh you have toys to play with,book me in for a visit !! :)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home